Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent - Day 1

I know Advent officially started in late November, but we started our verses and activities tonight.  Christmastime truly is my favorite time of year...and I think it's the kids' favorite too.  So, Hunter and Charlotte were super excited to open door number 1 this afternoon...

And the first activity was (drumrollllllllll)...

Make Christmas cards!!  Clearly I've been slacking with documenting life lately...as evidenced by my lone post for the entire month of November.  And y'all, those are the only pictures I took the entire month.  The entire month!!  So today during our card making, I completely forgot the camera, and after the kids went to bed, I even stooped so low as to take pictures with my iphone (hence the crookedness above).  But we defnitely had fun!

The kids picked 3 or 4 friends each to send cards to and we put them in the mail (except for Char's 2 friends above whose addresses we're waiting on).

Our verse tonight was Matthew 1:18, which says, "This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit."

We are so excited for this season of Advent to celebrate the coming King! 

No comments: