Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advent - Day 7

So we really have been doing our verses and activities everyday, but once again I've failed to blog it.  I've turned into such a slacker blogger.  Disney planning consumes all of my spare time:) 

Today's activity was making Christmas cookies, and they were yummy!



We have a ton left and now I'm making cookies for my Secret Santa at work tomorrow.  And y'all, the recipe makes SEVEN DOZEN.  I used to be so good at reading ahead, but who has time for that now?  Shame on me for not reading all of the directions first...shocking that this is actually a strategy I teach my neuro kids at work.  My excuse is that I've only had feeders recently:)

Anyway.

Come to our house for a cookie frenzy!

So far we've read Matthew 1:18-25 and Luke 2:1-2, which tell about Mary being impregnated by the Holy Spirit and an angel of the Lord coming to Joseph to tell him not to divorce her because the child within her is from God, and that he should be given the name Jesus because he will save the people from their sins.  We also read that Caesar Augustus declared that a census be taken. 

Then tonight we read Micah 5:2, which says " “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

I expained to Hunter that the prophecy was about Jesus and was made long, long before his birth.  I'm pretty sure that went right over his head, but we'll keep trying:)

No comments: