Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Advent - Days 19 and 20

Yesterday Hunter, Charlotte, Zack, Vanesa, and I went to see Chipwrecked, and I am so thankful that Vanesa was there to sit with Hunter while I took Charlotte out for breaks every once in a while.  I know that it wouldn't have gone over well if I had to take Hunter out with Char...he was too busy dancing to the music or adding to the movie with his own volcano "bomb" explosions as the volcano erupted.  I only got one picture with my phone...

My phone doesn't have a flash.  Or talk to me.  I'm sooo 2010.

Today Char, H and I went to Northpark for story time with Santa.  We had to wait.  And wait.  And wait for Santa.  By the time he came, the kids were pretty much over it, so we had to get up and leave half way through.


So we walked around for a little bit, and then headed to the food court for pizza...

Then we had so much fun in the Disney store (except when Char shoved that little boy in the little tv area for no apparent reason) and looking at the sweet puppies from the SPCA.  I even thought I might want to get one for about .7 seconds.

Remember on Sunday night we read that Herod asked the Magi where it had been prophesied that the Christ would be born.  Our verses over the last 2 nights were Matthew 2:5-8, "'In Bethlehem in Judea, they replied, 'for this is what the prophet has written: "But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will shepherd my people Israel."  Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared.  He sent them to Bethlehem and said, 'Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.'"

Another cliffhanger!  As I told Hunter tonight, Herod's being tricky!  Stay tuned for more of the story and our most exciting outing yet!

No comments: