Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This is disturbing.

Consider that your warning.  Read on at your own risk...

This morning Hunter was still asleep before I left for work.  This is rare, but the couple of times that it's happened, I have gone in to kiss him goodbye, which ususally ends up waking him.  James had an interview today and was in the shower when I left, so I didn't go into Hunter's room because I didn't want to wake him up just to be alone in the living room (because we all know what serious consequences come from a toddler having free reign over the house).

So I get a call at my desk around 8:30.  It's James calling to tell me that Hunter hadn't ever woken up so he went in there and found him sitting up in bed looking down at Bear.  He wanted to text me a picture of his face.  A few minutes later (but what seemed like hours to me), this is the picture I was looking at...






Seriously.  You may not want to look.






Are you sure you're ready?






Don't say I didn't warn you....









Yes, ladies and gentleman, that is blood.  And apparently it was all over the sheets and pacis and headboard and even sweet Bear.  I guess he had a bloody nose from all of the dry air and somehow wiped it all over the place. 

Poor, sweet boy.  I felt so sad when I looked at it and couldn't be there to clean it up for him:(  I did get to talk to him on the phone, though.  And he's all better now.  We'll be using the humidifier tonight!

3 comments:

Rikki said...

oh my goodness! poor little guy!

Crazy May Days said...

Kelly says this could of been a picture from his childhood. Kelly says another thing to do is to put a little vaseline in the front of his nostrils at night because apparently it works too...

Kelly says Hunter is going to have a BLAST kissing a girl in the winter.

such a sad picture, Carole.

Marcy said...

:(