Friday, January 1, 2010

Favorites

Just so I won't forget, here are my favorites from 2009...

(Yes, Boo Mama readers.  I totally stole this idea from her.  I have no shame.)

January - I was living a life of fatigue and nausea from my sweet, little fetus, Charlotte, so I really appreciated moments that could make me laugh and distract from the day-long wish to just throw up and get it over with already.  The day I found Hunter in pink, girl pants when I picked him up at school was for sure one of my favorite laugh out loud moments of the month year...


February - James and I traveled to Austin for my grad school friend, Liz's wedding.  Even if my toes did almost freeze off, it was worth it to see so many of those fun grad school girls!


March - Hunter turned 2! We had so much fun eating waffles and cupcakes for breakfast and sliding down huge slides at his Bounce Town party...


April - We went to a record number of Easter egg hunts.  We still have the empty eggs and Elmo basket in the coat closet.  Hunter will sometimes ask to play with them, and wishfully opens each egg hoping to find some candy...


May - Hunter had his first ever public performance.  He didn't quite have the singing down, but definitely won the prize for loudest crying kid of the group.  I thought he was cute even if he did cry and scream "mommy" through the entire performance;)


June - Hunter met Barber James for the first time.  I can't believe Hunter's only known Barber James for 6 months.  He's one of Hunter's favorite people, so his name comes up often in our house!


July - Charlotte Jane was born!  What a perfect day July 31st was!  I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery.  This was definitely my favorite day of 2009...



August - We adjusted to life as a family of four.

Some days were rough...

But these moments made all the tears worth it...


September - Charlotte met lots of friends, and Hunter worked hard at figuring out this whole big brother job.  And what a great big brother he's become...


October - October was family fun month!  We did lots of fun stuff with both sets of cousins this month.  Hunter's favorites were the Arboretum, the Fair, and Trick or Treating...


November - James turned the big 3-5, and although he wasn't very surprised at his surpise party, we had a great time anyway.

December - This was one of my favorite months.  We did so many fun things as a family, but when I was going through the pictures, I found this one and immediately knew it was the one to post...

Because that is what makes my heart the most happy.  Those three people give me so much joy and fullfillment.  This year I am most thankful for the indescribable gift God has given me in them.

Happy New Year everyone!  I'd love to see a re-cap of your 2009, so go ahead and copy me...uh, I mean Boo Mama, I'm sure she won't mind!

1 comment:

Rikki said...

looks like you had a great year! wishing you the best in 2010!