Friday, January 29, 2010

Hunterisms

I continue to be amazed every day at the things that come out of H's mouth....

*A couple of nights ago I was putting Hunter to bed and he said the prayer all by himself for the first time. (We just made up a prayer that we say every night that goes like this...Dear God, Thank you for this day.  Thank you for mommy and daddy and baby Charlotte (and whomever - or whatever - else he chooses to insert here), but most of all thank you for sending Jesus to us.  We love you.  Amen.)  My heart was already overflowing with love or joy or pride or whatever that feeling is that only your kids can give you.  Little did I know my heart would be bursting after what came next...I tucked him in after we were done praying, and he said, "I wanna hug you." So I hugged him and he said, "I wanna hug Jee-us!"  Love it.

*The next day when I got home from work, Hunter immediately told me he wanted to go somewhere.  When I asked where, he said, "I wanna go to Jee-us' house!" 

*Then I was telling my sister that story tonight over dinner and she said, "I want to go to Jesus' house too!"  And H replied, "That sounds like fun!"

*This one doesn't really go with the theme, but it's still precious.  I bought some stamps for Hunter's treasure box, which I've since learned was probably not the best idea I've had in my life...we've had several days of full body stamping.  One day I walked into the living room while Hunter was playing with his stop sign stamp, and he said, "Mommy!  Look at all the octagons I made!" 

How cute is he?!  Parenting him just gets better and better:)

No comments: