Sunday, May 18, 2014

Tap Recital

We had so much fun watching Charlotte dance last night.  She loves to perform, and we love to watch her! It gives me so much joy.
 
Once again, she posed like this when I pulled out the camera...


So! CUTE!


I was one of the backstage moms, so we had to get there a little early.  I took some pictures by the stage during our short meeting...

Char's class was second from the last during the recital, so we had a loooong time to hang out in the choir room.  The girls did really well while we waited.  Charlotte and Jocelyn had a blast laughing and playing together...

Most of the girls colored for a while...

I took lots of pictures to help pass the time...


Madison and Charlotte became friends last year during ballet.  Sweet friends...

There was a class of older girls in our room, and they were so great!  They made our job much easier because they entertained the little girls all on their own.  We didn't even ask them to do anything to help!  First they played duck duck goose, then London bridges...


Then they grouped the girls up to play another little game...
(I was too busy chatting with the other moms at this point to figure out what the game was;).)

Of course they also spent a lot of time dancing...

Finally it was time!!  The girls lined up in the hallway...


 
They were so cute on stage!  I didn't get to watch from the audience, but saw from backstage and Charlotte did awesome.  She has a natural talent for flashing that stage smile;)
 
I had to wait for all of the parents to pick up the girls in my room, so we met the rest of the family (Nana, Rich, Nanny, Grandad, Aunt Katie, Vanesa, Zack, James, Hunter, and Grey) at Siciliano's.  Unfortunately, I had an allergy attack pretty soon after we got there.  James brought flowers to Charlotte and gave them to her at the restaurant.  She was so happy and wanted everyone to smell them.  I think when she excitedly shoved them in my face, it must've set off my allergies.  I was miserable, so I didn't think about taking any other pictures.  Good thing I got so many earlier in the night;)
 
I'm already excited for next year's recital!!

No comments: