Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Charlotte's Preschool Graduation

We've had a sick couple of days in the Brooks' house.  After my crazy allergy attack on Saturday night, Hunter was up all night throwing up.  We both felt pretty crummy Sunday morning, and James was exhausted from being up with Hunter most of the night, so we stayed home from church.  Then Sunday afternoon Charlotte was acting funny, so I took her temp and it was 102.2.  Monday morning, she told me her mouth hurt while we were out running errands, so I looked in her throat and it was red.  I made a doctor's appointment for later that morning, and when we got there her temp was 103.  Her strep test was negative, so the nurse practitioner just said to give Motrin and Tylenol for that.  I was thankful that she didn't have strep, but was really hoping she'd feel better by this morning so she wouldn't have to miss her graduation today.
 
James got sick last night with the stomach bug, but Char was better this morning, so we went ahead and let her go to the graduation.  As usual we had a big crew there for the graduation.  The woman behind us even commented on how impressed she was with our row of fans!  Nanny, Grandad, Nana, Grandpa, Jennifer, James, me and Grey all came to watch our big girl graduate...


We are so proud of our Charlotte!!

Charlotte got to stand right by her good friend, Porter...

Those girls are so cute!

Grey really liked listening and watching during all of the songs...



We love Graham Cracker Express!  I will definitely miss Charlotte getting Biblical teaching while at school next year when she's in Kindergarten, but I'm thankful we have a church that has such strong teaching to supplement our teaching at home.  GCE has been such a great school for Hunter and Charlotte.  Next year will be the first time in four years that we haven't had a student there.  I'm so thankful for the teachers that have loved and taught Charlotte so well.  And for all of the sweet friends she's made along the way!!

I can't believe I will have 2 kiddos in big school next year...
 
Time really flies, sweet Kindergartener, so soak up every second of your precious childhood!
 

No comments: