Friday, October 31, 2008

Busy Little Bee

Happy Halloween everyone! We've had a great, busy day! Hunter's teacher told me on Monday that the kids could wear their costumes to school today, so I loaded up the little bumble bee and we headed to school all decked out this morning.
When we walked into the building, the director and music teacher stopped us and made a big fuss over Hunter. This should've been my first clue, but I just thought they were gushing over him because, hey, he really is dang cute.
...
As we were walking to the kitchen I noticed that none of the big kids in the hallway had their costumes on. Then we passed the 2 baby rooms, and you guessed it...none of the babies had costumes on. I was getting a little nervous at this point, and when we opened the kitchen door, just as I'd feared, there was only 1 kid who had his costume on...and that kid, my friends, was my son.
...
I don't know whether it was that he could sense my panic or if it was the teachers gushing over him or if it was that he actually noticed that he was the only kid IN THE BUILDING in a costume, but Hunter stopped in his tracks and I had to lure him over to his high chair.
...
I love telling embarrassing stories. I have many, and apparently, thanks to me, my poor son has already started his tally at the ripe age of 19 months.
...
When James got home, we got the bumble bee ready to go visit the fam.
First we went over to Nana's house where Hunter got his very own treat bag that he was really excited about. (He's actually squeeling with delight and shaking his fists in excitement in this picture)...

So cute.

We met cousin Zack and cousin Vanesa at Nana's house, and then all headed over to Nanny and Grandad's....

where Hunter got more treats. (Notice the Kit Kat in his hand...that's his second one.)

Hunter even did a little trick or treating at Nanny's neighbor's house. This was exciting for him for exactly 1 stop, after which he started to scream. So we left, and headed to our last stop...Grandee and Poppy's.

I didn't get any pictures there, but it was pretty similar to the other stops. Lots of oohing and aahing and lots of chocolate. It's amazing my kid is asleep right now and not bouncing off the walls from the sugar high. We'll start detox in the morning.

Hope y'all had a great, embarrassment-free day!

4 comments:

abby said...

Hunter and I are kindred spirits... I'm always the only one. No matter the issue. And I like a good fit every now and then too. VERY CUTE!!!

Katie said...

Why weren't any of the other kids wearing their costumes? They must've known how cute Hunter would look and that they would not even compare.

Trina said...

Thanks for the cute photos of Hunter, you could of omitted the fat one of me! I loved loved loved his face and sound of delight when I handed him his treat bag. He was my favorite bumble bee!

Emily said...

Great story Carole & Hunter was a very cute bumble bee.

Your story reminds me of a story about Reid's brother. He was in 7th grade and got the "school spirit" days confused. Everyone came to school in school colors, but Trey thought it was crazy hair day. He was the only kid in school who had spiked and spray painted his hair red. We were all in the 9th grade, so Reid and his friends made fun of Trey all day long.