Sunday, February 3, 2008

Eat. Drink. Be Married.

Isn't that so cute? James and I went to Houston this weekend for the wedding of my high school friend, Dr. Brian. That was what they had on their napkins.

I was really anxious about leaving because it was the first time I was going to be away from Hunter overnight and HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY SURVIVE THE NIGHT WITHOUT ME IN THE SAME HOUSE AS HIM!

I was stressed all week leading up to it, but I'm really proud of how well I handled myself (and of how well he did for Nana. Thanks Mom - we appreciate you!). I had a really great time with James and my friends and did not obsess at all or even hold a single inappropriate one-sided conversation about my son at the wedding. I did pass my camera around the table to show everyone how cute he is, which some considered a party foul (Matt and Emily. . ahem), but how could I not share the cuteness with people who've been deprived of the privelage to witness it in person? Plus these people have known me for like 13 years or something, so if they haven't seen a party foul from me at this point then they just haven't been paying close enough attention.

The wedding was gorgeous, as was the bride. Unfortnateuly you'll have to trust me on this because I didn't get a picture of her. But I did get lots of other ones. . .
Marcy, me and Amy - two of my very best girlfriends from Gtown. (Laura, here's your preggo pic of Amy!)

Dr. Brian (the groom) and me - excuse our chins, that picture is seriously close. I feel like I'm invading my own personal space just looking at it.

I think this is all of the high school friends that were there - Matt, Brian, Jeff, Cassidy, me, Corey, Todd, Dustin, Amy, Marcy, Danielle.

And finally, the aforementioned social etiquette experts :) - Matt and Emily with me and James

3 comments:

amy said...

So fun hanging out with y'all this weekend!! Upload your pics and send them to me so I can have some pics....since we still haven't purchased that camera yet....maybe we'll get that done soon.
Love ya!

The Rogers Triplets said...

We just found out that Brian qualified for a full expense trip to the Ritz-Carlton in Jamaica in April for 4 nights. We were so excited until I realized that it would require me to leave my 5 month olds to go out of the COUNTRY. I'm seriously stressed. I almost had a panic attack
Saturday night. I'm not sure I can do it. Four whole nights? I feel your pain....

Trina said...

I had a ball with Hunter. He was a perfect angel! Ask me again and I'll be there.

Love,
Mom