Monday, February 18, 2008

A Different Kind of Stink

So today we finally replaced the dog pee carpet. I am feeling so excited about this that I've decided to share a spontaneous poem* addressed to the old inhabitants of Hunter's room.

We've finally been rid of your carpet full of pee.
And all I can say is "Yipee Yipee!"
I will not miss it one little bit.
And no longer think of you when I sit on it.

Okay that wasn't great, maybe I'm better at Haikus.

Goodbye stinky pee.
Hunter will smell you no more.
And neither will I.

Okay so I suck at that too. I'll just stick to blogging -

James got to stay home from work today because of the "holiday." (It's days like this that my memories of working as a school speech therapist aren't so bad). I knew the carpet was coming today, so I was pretty excited - 1. because I no longer have to smell that stank and 2. because I didn't have to deal with the dudes installing it (my paranoia doesn't mix well with strangers in my house).

On the way home I called James. Here is a recap of our conversation.

James: hello (extremely irritated)
Carole: what's wrong?
James: I'm just a little stressed.
Carole: why?
James: Hunter has thrown up 2 times today. After I changed his clothes the second time, I sat him in the living room while I started putting his furniture back in his room. I walked in to check on him and something smelled. BAD. I picked him up to change him and my hand got wet because he had DIARRHEAED ALL OVER THE PLACE. It was like he wasn't even wearing a diaper! I had to put him in the bathtub and throw away the pajamas he was wearing. He screamed at the top of his lungs the entire time.
Carole: (cracking up on the inside) I'm (hahaha) so (snort) sorry (can'tcontainthelaughteranymore)
James: It might stink a little when you walk in the house because I haven't had a chance to finish cleaning up.
Carole: I'll clean it when I get home (not laughing anymore)

(This conversation in no way prepared me for the stink that I experienced when I walked in the door. It knocked me over. The dog pee smelled like flowers compared to this. Barf.)

So we took Hunter to the doctor only to see some other doctor that's not ours because ours wasn't in due to the "holiday". She spent approximately 6.2 minutes with us and basically said "He's got a virus. There's nothing I can do to help you. Keep him hydrated." Good use of $20 there.

Although I am a psycho picture taker I thought I would spare Hunter today since he didn't feel well. But, if I had taken pics, this is what he would've looked like at home:

and this would've been him in the doctor's office:
Thanks Hunter. Way to make our story beliveable.
*If anyone can tell me what awesome movie "spontaneous poem" is in reference to, I will make you my favorite person of the day.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the new carpet, I didn't even know you were getting new carpet. Poor Hunter, I hope he's feeling better.

Ok this is probably wrong, but is it from the movie "Waitress"?

Emily said...

You crack me up Carole!!!! Love your blog!

Katie said...

Ask James if Hunter's diarrhea fiasco reminded him of that one year in Arkansas.

Rikki said...

poor hunter...charlie had a stomach virus last fall...after the viral part was done (like 2 days later) he was still having the runs because it caused him to be temporarily lactose intolerant. we gave him soy formula for a week and he was much better after that. (this isn't to scare you, just tell you what helped us...hehe) i hope you enjoy your new carpet!

Pint Sized Life said...

Poor Hunter! I HATE it when you get to the doctor and they are all smiley - makes me feel like such a liar! Hope he feels better soon.

Carole said...

It is totally from Waitress! Way to go Kate! I LOVE that movie!

Anonymous said...

I was afraid you'd say he diarrhead all over the new carpet! Poor James. HR work's looking pretty good right about now.

Katie said...

I love that movie too!!! Yay me!!!

Trina said...

Why doesn't anyone tell me anything? Hunter got new carpet and he is sick : (

Mom