Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What have I done?

All day yesterday I was kind of feeling like I was somehow using Hunter for his cuteness by entering him into this contest. I know he is for sure the most kissable baby in DFW (heck, he's the most kissable baby ever!), but I still felt like it was kind of wrong to put him in a contest for it. In the end, though, I decided that I'd go ahead and do it because it would be great for Hunter to have an extra $5000 (oh yeah, that trip to Mexico for James and I was a bit of a persuasion too). I picked picture number 6 because it got the most votes (and I always listen to the opinions of my sweet little blog-reading friends).

So I go to the kiss fm website, fill out the little entry form and hit submit. A little message pops up - thank you . . . your application's been submitted . . . yada yada yada. Then I see it. Thanks for entering the baby model contest.

WHAT!?! I don't remember reading anything about modeling. Panic overcame me. Again, WHAT!?! I just kept thinking about all of those pageant moms or backstage moms or cheerleader moms or baby model moms, and I felt totally sick because my initial instincts were right! Dang. Totally should've listened to the inner voice.

So now I'm kind of torn about the whole contest. I'm really not an advocate of forcing your sweet baby (no matter how kissable and beautiful he is) into modeling. The contest is set up so that you can vote once a day with every email address you have, and then there are multiple rounds where they cut the numbers down. I know all of those pageant moms-in-training will be voting with every email address they can possibly create (along with begging all of their friends to vote with every email address as well), so it is not likely that Hunter will win (I mean I'm only gonna vote on him with 1 email address . . . probably every day. Don't judge me! I don't want him to be the loser baby with no votes!).

So dear friends, comfort me. Send me encouraging, happy, "you're mom of the year"thoughts! That way I'll know I'm not the worst parent ever for putting her child in a modeling contest. Ugh. I feel sick. Stupid parental guilt.

4 comments:

Molly said...

Hey, I have entered Olivia is two photo things, one for a Gap wardrobe and one for $5000. I was even called by a friend to enter Thomas because she knows I am a pagent mom.
It will work out like it is supposed to. I mean, how else are we going to send these kids to college? :)

amy said...

You are such a bad mother. You want Hunter exploited so you can go to Mexico. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

JUST KIDDING.
It's not a big deal. He probably won't be scarred for life....although his mom might need counseling.

Katie said...

Remember that Diaper Derby that Kiss Fm used to do? Do they still do that? Anyway, remember that year that I entered Vanesa and she was so paralyzed with fear that she COULDN'T EVEN CRAWL! The prize of that contest was for a savings bond. I totally would've sent both of my babies pictures in for $5,000. College is crazy expensive!

You're a great mom Carole!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Are you letting your lost ambitions and dreams of becoming Miss America out through entering Hunter in this contest? Just kidding...send me the link and I'll vote for him every day, I REALLY have nothing better to do!