Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Great Pumpkin

I've never been a super big fan of Halloween. I don't have any dislike for the day or anything, I'm just kind of apathetic towards it. No feeling either way. Although, now that I have the cutest, most kissable baby ever (who cares what kiss fm thinks), I'm pretty excited about it.


I went to get Hunter's Halloween costume weeks ago. I was almost giddy looking at all of the possibilities of unbelievable cuteness sitting before me. I narrowed it down to 3 costumes and was pulling out my cell phone to call many of my friends and take a poll. Decision making is definitely not a strength of mine, which seems really strange if you consider my job. Maybe it's just that I'm making decisions all day long, so when it comes to all other aspects of my life, I need help. Anyway, I was ready to call when I decided to look at the price tags first, and boy was I SHOCKED when I did. Are y'all ready for this? They were each $50. Yes! Fifty Dollars. Are the costume makers of the world crazy?! Am I really suppose to consider spending fifty dollars on a costume that my baby will wear one time? I am not a cheap person, but that seems a little outrageous to me. So as you can imagine, my excitement for the upcoming holiday started to deflate a little. I started looking for the cheapest costume they had, and found a pumpkin that I'm actually very happy with. When you have a kid as cute as mine, it doesn't matter what the costume is, right? Right.


So yesterday Hunter had his check up at Cranial Technologies (for the DOC band), and they had told me at the last check up to bring him in his costume and they'd take pictures of him. I had this bad feeling that if I dressed him up, he'd be the only kid in the place dressed up and I'd feel like an idiot. And of course we get there and as I'd feared he was the only one with a costume on. I kept looking at the door hoping to see a ladybug or a monkey or an angel or something. But no luck. Just baby after baby after baby in regular old street clothes. Where's the Halloween spirit people! I started to feel a little embarrassed because I'm super self-conscious and the older I get the more I just want to blend in. But I immediately felt better when all of the staff started oohing and ahhing over Hunter. I mean how could they not. Just look at him.


1 comment:

Katie said...

That has got to be the cutest pumpkin I have ever seen!