Monday, October 8, 2007

The Helmet is Here - Part 2


Okay before I start I just have to say, ISN'T THAT THE CUTEST BABY YOU'VE EVER SEEN!!!!! For real y'all, he couldn't get cuter. My heart is so full.:)
So last Wednesday we got the second DOC band. I sort of feel like Hunter is having a harder time adjusting to this one. He's still doing really well, but last time it did not phase him one bit and we saw a smidge of fussiness this go round. He's acclimated pretty well to it now though.


On another note, to those of you who I bragged to about what an amazing sleeper my son was . . . now I'm eating my words. Did you wish sleeplessness on me or what? Actually it's really not that bad, but he's been waking up way early (like in the late 5 o'clock hour) and Saturday night he woke up like every 2 hours. To top that off James and I were both sick. So it could've been the two of us coughing all night, the relatively new DOC band, or maybe he's just learning so much new stuff that it keeps him up at night. I have read that when babies learn new things, they tend to wake up in the middle of the night more (grimace).


It's crazy to me how much his sleeping habits can affect me. It's like I'm sitting on pins and needles after I put him to bed because I don't want to wake him. No way. That would be the worst thing ever. Better just sit in silence all night. No talking aloud. And especially no yelling aloud. Sadly, the Cowboys aren't playing at their best right now and as you can guess my fanatical husband is in there jumping around the living room like a fool because I have banned all yelling (or even talking in a level louder than a whisper) over here after Hunter is put to bed. I totally wish I could video James and post it on the blog for all of y'all to see. That would be a good laugh. And you probably need one since I know this post is for sure not making the funny list. Sorry. I'm too worried about waking my baby to get my funny juices flowing. I'll work on my covert video recording mission. Any tips for how to hide the camera so James won't see it?

8 comments:

Trina said...

Is this band getting painted?

Also, the more noise you make, the more he will get use to it. Don't make your house quiet, he will always then want a quiet house to sleep in.

Rikki said...

we're the same way after charlie goes down. when we were at eric's parents, his dad ran the coffee grinder at like 9 o'clock at night, and we were all freaking out that it would wake him up. he was fine (whew) but it was catastrophic to us!

Marcy said...

Carole,

Aubrey went through a phase for a couple weeks right around 7 months where she started waking up all the time and I think it was b/c of all she was learning/developing. It was really hard -- ask Amy, she came to visit us during that span and I was tense the whole time. Thankfully, it did eventually pass. I even took her to the doctor to make sure she didn't have an ear infection or something causing her to wake up. Anyway, hopefully it will be a short phase for Hunter!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Soooo that other comment didn't sound the same when I read it out loud as it did in my head. What I meant to say was that Hunter is in a 3-way tie for the cutest kid ever! I must've been really tired when I made that other comment.

Kaitlin L. said...

Very cute kiddo (great smile)! Could he be getting teeth? (Mine woke up with teeth and ear infections).

The Ross Family said...

What a cutie! He looks so happy. When Preston was about 6 months old he started waking up for 2 hours at night because he wanted to practice his new skills. And now he wakes up at night because he wants to be in bed with mommy and daddy. Yea for us! I'm excited about seeing you guys soon!

Kim said...

The Gidster sleeps with plenty of white noise in his room, mostly because his mommy doesn't even know how to be quiet. It's sort of a disfunction I have...loud talking. Anyway, we have the college group at our house every Thurs night and he sleeps through all of their noise (think, dull roar with moderate girl shrieking from time to time). I think it's partially the kid (they are all different, of course) and partially the white noise and the rest of it is that he knows we're not coming in there until midnight. Yep. Midnight. It's the earliest we'll enter after he goes down (between 6:30 and 7:00). He gets a change and feeding and then we attempt to not go in until 4:00 - 5:00(ish) for another feeding/changing. He gets up between 6:30 and 7:00 am. But all of that is USUALLY. There are nights....teething nights or ear infection nights and then I alter the plan slightly so that the whole house isn't awakened and he is comforted in his pain. Otherwise, he's just gotta tough it out. It did take about three nights of wailing before he got the schedule, but it was worth it for us.

Hope your little guy slept through the game tonight :-)!