Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Oh the Dog Pee

Last night Hunter slept in his crib through the night for the first time! (He usually sleeps in his pack n play in our bedroom). When I put him down at 10, I shut his bedroom door so that I could watch my tivoed episode of The Bachelor season finale. When I went to bed around 11, I laid there for like an hour imagining all of the horrible things that could happen to him in his room without me right there to protect him (like Geckos crawling on him or people sneaking in his window and taking him in the middle of the night). I acknowledge that this is psycho and am a little hesitant to type it on my blog for all to see, but in my defense, we did have a gecko that had crawled in our house about 2 hours earlier. It took James 30 minutes to get rid of it. I digress. Anyway, I finally decided to turn the monitor down because sleeping was not an option with it on full blast for me to hear every little movement and wonder if someone was coming in to take my sweet baby. Well, he woke up at like 4:30 and when I went in there to get him, I was hit in the face with the annoyingly familiar scent of (frustrated sigh) dog pee. I guess keeping the door closed all night trapped the smell in the room. So, it's official! As so many of you insisted, we are going to have to get new carpet. The $160 we threw at Stanley Steemer didn't seem to do the trick! Hopefully this will be my last blog entry on this topic and we will be able to get new carpet soon!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Geckos are nothing, at least it wasn't a snake! You should talk to Dad about the carpet, he knows someone so maybe y'all could get a deal on it.