Friday, May 18, 2007

The Exercise Ball


So my friend, Laura, from work gave me a physio-ball as a gift before I had Hunter. I remember thinking, "I'm really not thinking about weight loss strategies at this point. Kind of just want to get through the trauma of labor." I guess she could see the confusion on my face because she explained that her son, Will, was so easily calmed with her physio-ball and LOVED to bounce on it. So after James and I experimented with a tons of different ways to calm Hunter those first few weeks, we decided to pull it out. It is a miracle worker! It is unbelievable. The instant we sit on it and begin bouncing Hunter, he stops crying. It doesn't matter if he's in a fit of rage. That ball is our favorite thing! (Many of y'all know how I love to pick favorites). We've been using it for about 6 weeks now and Hunter's not tired of it yet. I wish I could fold it up and take it with me everywhere! Needless to say, James and I spend many hours on this ball each week. I totally recommend it if you have an infant that needs soothing!

1 comment:

amy said...

I think it is amazing that you and James have mastered the art of sitting on the ball, holding a baby and bouncing at the same time.....truly remarkable.