Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holy Week - Easter Scavenger Hunt

The week caught up with me this morning, so my sweet husband worked from home so I could have a little break.  I was so thankful that he took Charlotte to preschool this morning.  Hunter laid around most of the day, but was up for our activity after dinner.
 
This was another Pinterest find and we all loved it!  I'll definitely repeat it next year.  First we had to look for something black.  Thanks to the gospel fuzzies from AWANA, Charlotte quickly told me that black stood for sin without me even helping her.  I led her to her bows to find her first item...
 
Next we had to find 2 sticks for the cross.  Charlotte had brought home this little resurrection garden from preschool that day, and it had 2 sticks glued together to make a cross in it, so she just grabbed that... 

The next item was something red for Jesus' blood.  She quickly ran to her bows, picking a red one this time...

At first Hunter didn't want to participate, but when he saw how much fun it was, he grabbed my phone so he could read each of the items to Charlotte...

Next was something cloth for the cloth they wrapped Jesus' body in.  Charlotte found her baby's wipes that Aunt Katie made her last Christmas...

Next we needed a rock to represent the stone that was rolled in front of the tomb...

And then, something empty to show that the tomb was empty!
I led the kids to Hunter's room and we found that empty Star Wars M&M container.
 
Then we looked for something white to represent a clean heart.  Charlotte chose Batman:)
 
After that we looked for something green to represent how we grow in Christ...
A green pencil did the trick.

Finally we needed something new because Jesus made all things new.  I put together an Easter basket for the kids for the something new (we've never done these before, so they won't miss anything on Easter morning)...
They were a lot more excited than they look here:)




Such a fun activity that focuses on Jesus!

No comments: