Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Off the Bandwagon

Okay y'all. I love American Idol. I've loved it pretty much every season. There was one season in there that I stopped watching. My excuse was valid though - planning my wedding maybe? or basking in the glow of newly married life when James and I would just sit for hours at night looking into each others eyes? Something important like that.

I jumped right back on the bandwagon after missing that one season, though. I love listening to talented singers. So, when it comes to a competition of talented singers I have to ask, who wouldn't want to watch that?

BUT, I think I've had enough. At least of the beginning weeks. I don't know if it's becoming a parent or just feeling more accountable for my sin or what, but I can't take watching the train wreck that is the first month of this show. I feel REALLY bad for those people. Why do we have to make fun of them while the entire nation is watching? I just cringe with embarrassment for them. Oh the horror!

The Go Down Moses dude is for sure the worst one yet for me. I loved this guy. Who wouldn't? So sweet and hardworking and kind of clueless, which is a good thing in my opinion (at least in this case. it makes him more endearing). After the audition, I wanted to call him and tell him, "Let's be friends! Jesus loves you! Forget those hateful American Idol producers!"

Here's Hunter watching American Idol with us the other night. . .He's a sucker for talented musicians too.

Here he is when the hateful judges were laughing at the clueless contestants. . .

He says, "Boo Simon. Don't be so hateful."

5 comments:

Trina said...

Hunter is sooooooooo cute!

Katie said...

Is that poor baby crying because you made him stand up by himself??? Did Paula and Randy really think the guy couldn't see them laughing? That was kinda sad, but I still laughed. Vanesa said she felt so bad for the guy that she wanted to cry.

Rikki said...

i'm not sure which guy you're talking about, but i also HATE the audition phase of the show. we switch to it during commercials of other shows just to keep up a little, but something always happens that makes me so mad. i did like the dallas guy in the cape who sang the "we are brothers" song. that was funny.

Kaitlin L. said...

There are some things that you just have to watch on Tivo (or DVR or whatever you have) so that you can fast forward - we definitely do "speed Idol" in about 15 minutes (what did we do before Tivo?)

The Hunter Family said...

I agree. I do not enjoy the first phae either- I want to cry for them- it literally hurts me when they think they are good and they laugh at them!