Monday, January 7, 2008

Blame it on the Terrorists

A little piece of advice to all of my bloggity friends - Never go a week without checking your blogs. Especially if you're subscribed to like 50. Okay, I'm not really subscribed to 50, only 23 (which might as well be 50). I've been sitting at the computer reading the updates for way too long, especially when I have a list of a million things I should be doing while little H sleeps. But what the heck, I'll just post instead.


James, Hunter and I went to Utah for a little holiday vacation (or for all of you British readers, a holiday holiday). We went to visit my friend, Laura and had some good discussions (including one about some ganstas on patrol), watched 2 movies - 1 good, 1 with dead bird blood, so we'll label it not-so-good, hung out with some fiesty kids, played in the snow, ate some good food, which definitely made me feel so much less domestic (I did get a good recipe though), and much more.


Then we made our way to the airport to go back to Texas where it was 73 degrees instead of 15. James had packed while I took care of the moody sleep deprived baby. Since he's a boy and doesn't often carry liquids in his carry on bag (wait. what carry on? james is so not the metrosexual - no man purse for him) he didn't think twice about throwing my lotion into my purse.


I realized when we were in the crazy long security line that my bottle of lotion was too big to fit in the ziploc bag that is now required for all liquids. I just kept it in my purse thinking maybe they wouldn't notice it. Right.

Well they did notice it, and they confiscated it. Yes people. They took it. My yummy Bath and Body Works red-bottle-that-I-really-wish-I-could-remember-the-name-of-but-it-has-escaped-me-now-which-is-not-good-because-how-am-I-going-to-replace-it body cream. I've only used it ike 4 times, and now some skanky TSA employee is basking in the beautiful aroma. Tear.


For real TSA. What am I going to do with my body cream on the plane? Squeeze it out onto someone's face?


I was mad people. Seriously mad. Which I realize is completely ridiculous since it cost like $10 or something, but I couldn't help it. I'm sure the patrons of the Salt Lake airport thought I had a major attitude problem because. . .well, I did. I was not talking quietly as I ranted like a lunatic to James about my body cream being confiscated because of the stupid terrorists. Boo terrrorists!


At least I got to see my cute baby in his hat



And the snow


Y'all are totally still singing "Blame it on the Rain" in your head aren't you? Don't you just love Milli Vanilli!

2 comments:

Emily said...

First of all, you are so funny...And, I did not know that you had a blog - what fun! Hunter is just adorable. I loved seeing how much he has grown. It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I'll see you tomorrow at work!
~emily
PS- And another note about TSA employees, doesn't is annoy you that the line is so so long, but when you get to the front, there are only 2 people working and about 5 others standing around in their TSA uniforms doing absolutley nothing!!! What the heck!!!

Katie said...

FYI Bath and Body Works is having a big sale right now, maybe you can replace your bodycream at a discounted price!