Sunday, March 20, 2016

Jump Street

On Saturday Hunter celebrated his 9th birthday with some of his best buds. He wanted to have a sleepover party, but I told him no for this year, so he settled on Jump Street. We drove 6 friends out there in our cars and 3 more met us there. The boys had a blast jumping, playing dodgeball on the trampolines, and riding the mechanical bull.
 
After they had all worked up an appetite, everyone came back to the table for some pizza...

Ronnie, Hunter, and Benjamin were the first ones back to the table (and Grayson on the other side!)...

I attempted to get a photo of everyone, but it was pretty impossible...

So I decided to take some shots from both sides of the table while the pizza was getting passed out...



They inhaled their pizza and then it was cupcake time!


 
Ephrem was in such a hurry to go back to jumping, that he literally put the ENTIRE cupcake in his mouth in one bite. I've never seen anything like it!
After snapping that picture, I braced myself behind him ready to do the Heimlich if needed! Thankfully, he managed to swallow the whole thing down safely....whew!

The rest of the boys ate theirs almost as fast...


 
Grey couldn't jump on the big trampolines, but liked to pretend play the video games...


At one point while I was watching Grey, I looked over and saw Benjamin on the mechanical bull, so I snapped a few pics...
 
I was kind of far away, so they are grainy since I had to zoom.

Hunter had asked if he was going to be allowed to do the bull when we were planning the party, so I went to find him and tell him that Benjamin had just ridden. I called him over from these trampolines with Joshua and Grayson...

Grayson's Mom rigged up his broken arm underneath his shirt pretty good...
Hunter was having too much fun jumping with his friends to be pulled away to the mechanical bull right then. He told me that his friends told him that it hurt, anyway, so he was just going to skip it;)
 
Grey riding the kiddie rides...





Hunter, Joshua, Adriel, and Kris waiting in line to play trampoline dodgeball...

And one of the 4 of us...
Charlotte was having a play date with Benjamin's sister, Savannah (we just swapped kids for the afternoon!), so she wasn't at the party.

After the party, we drove the 6 friends that rode with us back to our house and they played for a while before their parents came. They were pretty loud and crazy, which confirmed to me that I made the right choice holding off on the sleepover this year:)

After everyone finally left and Charlotte was back home, Hunter opened his gifts...



 
We had a great time celebrating our 9 year old! Thankful for the sweet friends that Hunter has been blessed by in his new school, church, and boy scout pack. And more thankful for the old friends that we've been able to stay in touch with even after moving.

1 comment:

Trina said...

Looks like a great time was had by all!