Friday, July 31, 2015

Six

Dear Charlotte,
You are downstairs with your Daddy and big brother watching Alice in Wonderland right now as I am upstairs getting ready for your party tomorrow. You are six today. I know I say it in each of these letters, but that seems impossible to me. I think back to the night you started to come into this world, and I can remember it so clearly, like it was yesterday. Of course I loved you instantly. My heart felt like it would explode with all of the joy and love and happiness you gave me.

You are my only girl, sweet one. Our only daughter. I am so thankful that God gave me the gift of having a daughter...and having you as that daughter. You are so full of emotion and you certainly know how to express it. You are just like your mama in that way. You are beautiful, energetic, encouraging, complimentary, emotional, passionate, and affectionate. You truly are wonderfully made. I wish you could feel all of the love that I feel for you. That you could know how much joy and pride and love you give me.

I pray that you know how dearly God loves you. That he cherishes you more than you can even comprehend and that he will direct your paths if you seek Him. I am so grateful that he has entrusted you to me to raise up to be a woman of faith.

I cherish you, Char. You are one of my most precious, beloved gifts.

"Heaven played every trumpet and blew every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born."

I love you,
Mommy

No comments: