Monday, October 28, 2013

Disney Day 6 - Magic Kingdom!

Our last night sleeping in Disney World was probably Grey's worst.  We went to bed early (for vacation), and it was a good thing we did.  He slept from about 9:45pm to about 1:30 am, and after that was pretty much either awake or nursing.  Once again, I gave up around 5 am, and we took a stroll around our resort...
"I'm tired, mommy."

"Ha ha!  Just kidding.  Who needs sleep when you'll hold me or push me around if I'm awake?"

Even though we were up crazy early, we didn't get to Magic Kingdom as early as I wanted.  We missed the opening show, and walked up to the bag check area around 9 am (official opening time).  James took Charlotte to ride the Indy Speedway cars since she missed them the last day we were at Magic Kingdom.  Hunter, Grey, and I went to get in line for Merida.  We walked up right at 9:15, which is when Merida arrives.  There was already a line of people, so we had to wait about 15 minutes.  After Charlotte and James were done, they came to us so Charlotte and Hunter could switch places.  James took Hunter to ride Buzz again while we met Merida...
Grey was so flirtatious with Merida.  The photo pass photographer got a really good shot of him smiling at her.  Merida was eating it up!  When we finished, we headed over to ride the Little Mermaid ride again (Char's favorite!).  Ariel's meet and greet is right next store, so we went on to meet Ariel in her grotto when we got off the ride...

(I only have my blurry iPhone pictures because our photo pass pictures aren't ready yet.)  Charlotte had been talking nonstop about meeting Ariel in her tail, so I was so excited to watch the moment when it finally came!  Char proudly showed Ariel her shirt, and then hopped up beside her for a good chat.  I think the moment lived up to all of her dreams!

After our Ariel high, Charlotte and I decided to head over to the Barnstormer, because Hunter had ridden it, but Charlotte hadn't had a chance yet.  She was not a fan...it really scared her!  So, to calm her down, we stopped by the Confectionary to pick up some sweet snacks before heading to meet the boys in Frontierland, where they had just ridden Pirates again.

We ate our snacks, and then headed over to the Haunted Mansion.  I am not a fan of anything scary.  I hate scary movies (and scary movie previews, which give me nightmares after I accidentally stumble upon one!), haunted houses, and scary costumes at Halloween.  So, I wasn't super excited about Haunted Mansion and was a little nervous about how the older kids would handle it.  I rode with Hunter and kept reassuring him that it wasn't real.  He didn't really need my reassurance, though.  Both kids did great!

Then we headed over to Adventureland to use our fast pass pluses at Jungle Cruise (which I liked much better this time during the day...last time we rode it at night) and Magic Carpets of Aladdin.  I needed to feed Grey, so we went to the Enchanted Tiki Room next so we could sit in a cool place and nurse him.  It wasn't a favorite of any of ours, but it was a good spot to cool off:)

After that, we walked back to Tomorrowland for one last ride on the People Mover...

We love that one!
 
Hunter kept seeing Stitch's Great Escape when we would walk around Tomorrowland and really wanted to ride it even though I warned him that everyone said it was terrible.  He insisted, so he and I went there - because the other kiddos were too short - while James, C, and G went to the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.  It turns out I (and everyone else) was right about Stitch.  At least it was a good lesson for Hunter that I do know what I'm talking about;)
 
Finally it was time to head to Be Our Guest for lunch in Beast's Castle!  I had been so excited about eating here.  Since I heard lines were crazy long, we waited until 2 to walk over.  The line was still insane at that time!  We waited in line about 20-30 minutes (and it was HOT), but it was totally worth it...

We ate in the West Wing...
There was a picture of Beast (before he became the Beast) in that torn painting above the mantle, but it didn't turn out in our picture.

Interestingly, the rose didn't turn out in our picture either...

After lunch we only had a little bit of time before we had to head back to the resort to board the Magical Express.  I took one last shot of Hunter with the castle...

And we hopped in line for one last ride on the carousel...


 
Then we got on the bus to head home.  I think we stayed a perfect length of time this trip.  I wasn't nearly as sad to leave as last time, but I didn't feel like it was too long.  Grey still hasn't recovered from his sleeplessness (and we've been home for 14 days!!), but last night was better.  We are looking forward to going back in several years when he's a little older.  Hopefully my mom, sisters, and their families will join us on our next trip!
 
Favorites of the day...
HUNTER - Haunted Mansion


No comments: