Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Disney Day 4 - Downtown Disney!

Grey had another terrible night of sleeping after the Halloween party, but James got the morning shift this time.  Luckily, we had planned a low key day for Saturday, so we got to relax and sleep in shifts that morning before heading to our late breakfast reservation at 1900 Park Fare.
 
We had been to 1900 Park Fare on our last trip for dinner with Cinderella and her family, so this time we went to the Supercalifragilistic breakfast.  We had to wait a while for our table, and while we were waiting James leaned over to tell me that Steve Young had been standing right next to him while I was checking us in.  I asked him if he talked to him, but of course, he didn't.  I asked if I could go over and ask for a picture, but he said no way!  James doesn't embarrass easily, but he will never talk to celebrities or quasi-celebrities if we see them, and I am just the opposite.  I didn't want to embarrass him, so I just let it go.
 
After waiting with our pal, Steve, for about 15 minutes, our table was ready.  The food was delicious!  I wasn't as impressed with these characters as a whole, but Tigger was a trip!  He kept leaning in right when I took the picture so that it looked like this...
You can see we all thought it was pretty funny:)

We also met Alice...

And of course, Mary Poppins...

They had an awesome variety of breakfast dishes, from your standard pancakes, Mickey waffles, cheesy hashbrowns and scrambled eggs to eggs Benedict, salmon, and bananas foster French toast!  Even though there was a wide variety of sweet danishes and breads, they had a breakfast bar, including gummy bears.  We let Hunter get 2 helpings...
Hey, it was vacation!

We also met the Mad Hatter...

And Winnie the Pooh...


After we were done eating and meeting all of the characters, we loaded up the backpack and headed out...

We went back to the hotel and rested a little bit before going to play in the pools.  The first pool was right out our window and it was FREEZING, so since I'm such a wimp, we headed to the main pool that was "heated".  Except it wasn't...at least to me.  I lasted about 5 minutes, and then Grey and I headed up to the room while James and the other 2 played a little longer.

That night we went to Downtown Disney for dinner and to walk around.  I loved it there!  We hadn't been on our last trip, but the next time we go to Disney World, I'll for sure schedule it in.  There are so many fun shops and things to see.  We went to the Lego store and saw a ton of huge Lego creations, including this huge sea monster...


We also went to the World of Disney store and got the kids their souvenirs...

Charlotte chose a light up Minnie toy and Hunter chose a Zurg gun...

Hunter loves that gun and still plays with it every day.  I'm so thankful we had this rest day, because it really rejuvenated us!  I had way overscheduled us the day before and may have told James, "We're NEVER coming back here!"  But Saturday gave us the rest we needed to have a great time our other days, and to improve my attitude:)

Favorites of the day...
JAMES - Downtown Disney
CAROLE - Downtown Disney
HUNTER - Swimming at Hippy Dippy pool
CHAROLTTE - Shopping at the World of Disney Store
GREY - Looking at the lights of Downtown Disney

1 comment:

Kaitlin L. said...

Logan bought that Zurg gun, too! And, when grandma opted to buy them another souvenir, he picked out yet another gun. Boys. Love the updates - I'm keeping these for the next time we go (we used your last trip's posts a lot for our trip last year!)