Thursday, February 28, 2013

Brooks, Party of 5

We've been adjusting pretty well to being a family of 5.  We had our first family outing last Saturday night to one of the kids' favorite places...Chick fil A.  Hunter and Charlotte were so excited to get out of the house and play.  They had a great time playing with the other kids in the play area, and of course loved the ice cream...


Grey slept snugly in his carseat all through dinner...
We made a quick trip to Target after we were done eating and then headed home.

I've loved being home on maternity leave, and I'm trying really hard to live in the moment and not think about how sad I'm going to be to go back to work when Grey is so young (8 weeks).  I am blessed in that my work days will be really short and I'll only be gone a couple of days each week. 

The kids have been really helpful with Grey.  Charlotte loves to hold him and sing to him and give him hugs and kisses.  They are both really encouraging during tummy time, which Grey does not like.  He rolled over 10 times in a row the other day because he would get so angry every time I put him on his tummy that he'd kick himself to his back almost immediately!  The next day he did much better, though, and calmly laid on his tummy for several minutes before getting angry and kicking over to his back.

We tried to put him in the Bumbo one day, but he's still too tiny for it:)...

Since Grey was too small, Char decided she'd take a turn...

I love being mom to these 3 kiddos.  They are my favorite!

No comments: