Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Village

I love the arboretum in the fall.  It's my favorite time to go, and even though the pumpkin set up is pretty much the same every year, it is still so fun to me to go out and look at it...and to take an obscene amount of pictures with my children posing in front of various piles of pumpkins. 
 
But y'all.
 
It cost $43 to get in to the arboretum with 2 children and a mama.  Even if you're only going for an hour and a half after school one day.  Membership, please?  Ummmm, yes...I feel like a complete idiot for not doing it early. 
 
And now for the pumpkins.  And my kids...
Not the best lighting...or smile from my sweet son, but I love the sea of pumpkins behind him!

Char at one of the pumpkin houses...
Isn't it amazing!?!

A pumpkin tree...

And of course our princess-loving girl quickly spotted Cinderella's carriage and begged for a picture in it...

I loved it so much, that I asked Hunter to take a picture of the girls in it...
I think he did a great job!

Posing...

They love this bridge, so we took a little detour over there as soon as they spotted it...


Then quickly ran back to the pumpkin patch...


I tried to get a shot of them from outside, so you could see all of the pumpkins, but after I sent them in, I just saw the top of Hunter's head and heard him shouting, "Mommy...Char can't reach!"  You can kind of see their tiny fingers in the window...

More posing...

Running to the toads! 

I was a total fun mom that day and let them get soaked...
 




And, boy, did they!

Two words...wet. dog.
 
I love these next 3 pictures...


Such sweet siblings!

Some close ups...



They love to play on the stage and pretend like they're putting on a show...


Hunter was really concerned about the "dead ladybug" he saw in the water...



 
Again, so sweet!
 
I think he'd had it with the pictures by now!


We had such a fun afternoon together!  It made me even more excited for the fall!  If only the weather would start to act like it;)
 

No comments: