Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cinderella's Pumpkin Village

I love fall at the Arboretum.  It's for sure my favorite time of year to go, so today we headed out with the Brooks 4, Nana and Nanny.  My Nanny turned 83 yesterday, so we were so glad to have her come along with us to celebrate her birthday! 

We had tons of fun, and I really tried to get good pictures.  Sadly, though, I'm still not the best photographer...and my children grow weary of posing really quickly (as you'll soon see).

When we first got there, Hunter was so interested in all of the different pumpkins.  I loved hearing his running commentary on it.  Char didn't really get excited until we actually entered Cindrella's Pumpkin Village...

I loved the theme this year, especially Cinderella's carriage that you could pose in - the line was totally long, though, and there was no way I was waiting in it when I knew my kids would much rather explore than pose in a carriage.  Especially my son, who about 3/4 of the way through the arboretum adamently declared, "NO MORE PICTURES!!" and threw himself on the concrete steps.  Okay, okay.  We get it.  But before he got to that point, he loved looking inside the different houses...

This was Cindrella's house...
All of the pumpkins were white or gray and her slipper was sitting in that chair that got cut off by my excellent picture taking ability.

I love this picture...
 ...even though Hunter is starting to grow weary of the camera in his face:)

He perks up here, though, mostly because he gets to climb on the pile of little pumpkins...

That house behind Charlotte is the step-sister's house.  I thought it was so cool!

This was our attempt at a picture with the carriage...Ha!...

And the sea of pumpkins...

The kids had fun learning the names of all of the different kinds of pumpkins.  Clearly, it was much too exciting to sit still for...


Hunter's favorite part of the arboretum is the fish and these toads...
 He loved running under the water.

Just us girls...

 Four generations!

When we got to the area with all of the flat pools of water, Hunter exclaimed, "A pool!".  They both had so much fun putting their hands in the water and throwing money in...


We had such a fun day!  I'm hoping to go back in December for the reindeer!

No comments: