Friday, October 15, 2010

The Pumpkin House

Hunter has been asking to go to "the pumpkin house" for weeks now.  Y'all know I jumped right on that since the Arboretum is every mother's picture taking dream.  So last Saturday we ventured out there, and $41 later, we were in pumpkin paradise.  (And yes, I seriously considered picking up my cell phone to schedule James's vasectomy that very moment.  Clearly we can't afford anymore kids when it costs $41 for our family of 4 to go on a 1 hour outing.)

As usual, Hunter wanted nothing to do with picture taking when we first got there, but Charlotte was happy to pose for me...

We made our way back toward the pumpkin houses and passed these HUGE pumpkins...
I couldn't get the kids to stop climbing on them!

We finally made it to the pumpkin houses, and Hunter was in awe (to be honest, so was I!)...
Inside one of the pumpkin houses...
They are so cute!

After the little rest at the table, we went to the smaller pumpkin house...

As much as I love pictures, I am so not a skilled photographer.  I had such high hopes for cute pictures on these pumpkin piles, but couldn't position well...
Same thing with the hay, except this time I couldn't position the camera...

Hunter saw the fountains when we were in pumpkin area, and H was dying to get over to them...
It's so weird to me that he loved it so much, because he hates spray parks, but he couldn't get enough!  He was running around and laughing hysterically...
Charlotte loved the water too...

After the frog fountains, we walked for a while and found another one with pumpkins floating in it...

Y'all know that bridge that goes over the swampy area?  Well you can totally go into the swampy area.  Who knew that!  We thought it was so cool.  Hunter was looking at the fish here...

We loved it so much we sat and relaxed for a while...

We had such a fun pumpkin house visit!  Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Rikki said...

looks like a lot of fun! i miss the arboretum!