Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Festivities

So the kids definitely got good use out of their Halloween costumes this year.  Since the scary carnival at cousin Zacks' school, we've had many different opportunities to get the kids all dressed up...and each time, Hunter  has mentioned the scary mask.  Sadly, the same scary mask that was at the carnival, was at the trunk or treat we went to at my sisters' church.  I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone or at the very least experiencing deja vu when Hunter literally jumped into my arms from the terror of having to look at that thing again.

Last weekend we went to a pumpkin patch to pick out our porch pumpkins.  I don't think I've ever waited this late in the month to go, but our life is crazy right now and time really got away from me.  Somehow, the only picture I got from the entire outing was this one...
 Charlotte was really excited about her two mini pumpkins!

After the pumpkin patch we headed to my sisters' to change clothes and go to their church's trunk or treat.  When we first got there, Hunter ran to the slides, and in true Buzz character, flew down them...

Not long after that, he spotted the scary skeleton mask and was really clingy and timid throughout the entire trunk or treating process.  He still got TONS of candy though!

By the end of the night we were pooped!  And once again, when we pulled into the dark garage, Hunter said "There's a scary mask inside!"  Luckily, he is calmed down pretty easily...his rational side comes from his daddy, and we all know who his fearful side comes from.  At least I can relate to him...

Then this weekend we had the Martinez's annual Halloween party.  Picture taking was not at the top of my priority list this night, so we ended the night with this one lone picture...
 Hunter would not pose alone for the picture, so lucky James got to be the one adult in the group kids in their costumes photo.

Tonight for Halloween, we went over to my sisters' house as always.  Charlotte was itching to get out and start trick or treating!
 But we were able to distract her with some pizza until we were all ready to go...

Finally it was time!! We loaded up the car for the short drive to Nanny and Grandad's house...

Right when we walked in Vanesa, Zack and Hunter swarmed the candy bowl while Charlotte just stood back.  But after she finally realized what was in the bowl, she charged over to it and started grunting for bites!
 She was a big fan of Nanny's candy choices, as was her brother...

After 2 starbursts (given in little bites), I cut Char off, but that didn't stop her from pleading for more...
 When I wouldn't give in, she decided it was time to work Grandad...
 Look at that sweet face...how could anyone tell her no?

After Hunter and Zack played us some Halloween tunes on the organ, it was time to go.
 But not before Charlotte put some more candy in her bucket...
 and tried to eat it with the wrapper still on...
 We headed to several houses on Nanny and Grandad's street and then went back to Katie's neighborhood to finish trick or treating.  Here's our first house...
 As we were walking away, they called out, "Happy Halloween!" to which Hunter responded, "Happy tricking!"
 Poor Charlotte.  In case you hadn't noticed yet, her Minnie dress was constantly riding up.  After a while, I gave up on pulling it down, and convinced myself it was okay for her behind to show as long as she had ruffle bloomers, which you know she did.

We tried to pick her up, but she was adamant about walking.  She twisted and turned and whined when we tried to hold her to speed the process along a little.

Nothing was going to distract Hunter from his trick or treating, though.  He was really focused...
 Whenever someone would give him candy, he'd say, "I'm gonna have so much candy!!!!"

When the woman at this house was passing out the candy, the door was blocking Hunter at first, and he loudly exclaimed in a panic, "I need my tricks!"
 It was so funny.  I can't stop laughing about it.  Really.  I just laughed out loud typing it.

After my sister's neighborhood, we packed up the car and headed for one last stop at Grandee and Poppy's house...
 Both of my children promptly headed for the stairs...
 Until Grandee told them she had candy and that sent them rushing down.  Hunter gave me the best pictures of the night here.  I can always count on Poppy to make him smile...
 Grandee kept asking him who he was, and he'd say, "I'm Buzz Candy."  That you are Hunter, that you are...

2 comments:

Rikki said...

charlie really likes the buzz costume! very cool!

The Hunter Family said...

That is too funny! "I need my tricks!" love it.