Sunday, October 10, 2010

The fried bacon's not bad, if you're into that kind of thing.

Last Tuesday we all headed to the fair with my dad, sisters, Vanesa and Zack.  As he always is when we go anywhere with his cousins, Hunter was really excited...


Dad had to go back to the car to put away his pocket knives...who knew security was so tight at the fair?...so here's the rest of the crew minus Court plus one random state fair security lady...

Char waiting patiently for Grandpa...

Dad had to go through security again when he came back without his pocket knives, and this time it was a different lady who took FOR-EVER searching him with that metal detector...
It was like a comedy skit.  The wand would go off and dad would pull more and more junk out of his pocket.  Charlotte didn't seem to see the humor in it, though...
Patience is definitely not a virtue for that girl.

Finally dad got the approved clearance to enter, and we went straight to the CMC animal tent.  I can't remember another time where my two children's personalities were so evidently in contrast.  Hunter was his usual, sweet, timid self...
I know.  He looks terrified...look at his little balled up fist.  Charlotte, on the other hand, couldn't get enough.  She kept waving at all of the animals, trying to reach in through the gates and grunting ("uh uh uh!") in protest when we wouldn't let her touch them...
I think she's waving at the baby longhorn here.  It was only 4 days old!

After a yummy nacho and funnel cake lunch, we headed to the kiddie rides, where once again my children were on opposite ends of the spectrum in their perception of fun...

Hunter's face says it all...
That midway section is pretty overwhelming.

Hunter refused to ride any rides, even when Zack wanted to ride the cars and asked H to go with him, but he did go through 2 fun houses with V and Z.  He was pretty timid about the first one, and decided that he would go after they had already gone in, so I went with him.  This slide is at the very end...

Hunter and I getting ready to go down...
 I was a little worried that H was going to refuse and we'd have to go all the way back through that mirrored maze where my son would run into the wall for the 10th time, but he proved me wrong and went down without a fuss...
...he was clinging on for dear life the entire way down though:) 

And no, there's no picture of me coming down the slide.  My husband knows me well y'all.  He wouldn't dare get that on camera:)

The second fun house was a lot longer and taller, but Hunter was so brave (and so serious) throughout the entire thing..



By the time we got to Big Tex, the sun was getting to H...or at least to his temper...so we had to have a family photo without him...
 Just imagine him screaming in the stroller about 5 feet away, and you'll have a pretty clear picture of that moment.

After some of Court's dr pepper, Vanesa's cotton candy, and James's corn dog, he was back to his sweet self...

All Char wanted was the cotton candy.  The girl couldn't get enough...
Seriously, it was a drug to her.  She was shoving it in...

Our last stop was the car show.  I thought the kids would think it was kind of boring, but they loved it!

Hunter was really excited about this tv.  This is a totally foreign concept to him, since his parents' cars are 2001 and 2003 models:)

Charlotte started getting really tired about halfway through, and looked like this if I wasn't holding her...
She was fine as soon as she was in mommy's arms, though.  I'm not gonna lie.  I love that she's a mama's girl, even if my arms are limp noodles at the end of outings like these.

While Charlotte was crying, H was having the time of his life.  I found him like this, and couldn't help but be nervous for what's in our future...

When Charlotte saw how much fun Hunter was having, she had to jump in.  She has to do or have everything big brother has.


One last stop at some more age-appropriate cars...

And then it was off to our car. 

About 4 minutes after we drove away, this is what our backseat looked like...

They were exhausted, but it was so worth it.  We had so much fun family! Thanks Dad! Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

James said...

If you leave the fair and aren't at least a little nauseated, you didn't really enjoy the fair enough...I think the chicken fried bacon did me in.