Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rockless No More

My mom was so sweet to us and watched Hunter this weekend so James and I could travel to Austin for my friend Liz's wedding. I met Liz in graduate school, and we became almost instant friends. Liz always has a crazy story or comment that brings a smile to everyone's face. She, along with my other dear friends from grad school, made those 2 years so special to me. We shared many hours studying, eating, talking, laughing, dancing, story telling (my favorite:)), and on and on.
...
During our first week of grad school, we had a class where we had to stand up and do the typical tell your name, why you love speech path, blah, blah, blah. Our professor also wanted us to add our biggest fear onto our little intro. This is probably my favorite get to know you topic of all of the ones I've experienced. Favorite pizza, favorite color, shoe size, boring, boring, boring. Biggest fear...that will give us some real insight. Did I mention this professor was a genius? She was. Anyway, many of us said that our biggest fear was that we'd never get married. In case that wasn't a dead give away, there aren't many men in the speech pathology world:)
...
So Liz (I think it was Liz) decided to form the rockless club for us gals who weren't yet married, but still had hope! That was six and a half years ago, and here we are (most of us anyway) today...
I'm so thankful for their friendships, and I'm so excited for Liz and Philip!
...
Here are some more pictures from the night... me and my honey...I love going to weddings with James because it always makes me think of ours, and how lucky I am to share my life with this wonderful man.

me and the bride

2 comments:

Trina said...

I had a blast with Hunter. He is talking so much. He repeated everything I said. When we came to my house he instantly found that little blue box you gave me once that I keep on my dresser. He loved opening and closing it and carried it around the entire time we were here. He is a treasure to be around. I don't know why he didn't want to eat though.

April said...

you look so cute! i miss you!!