Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sweet Sweet Ease

So today was the casting for Hunter's second DOC band. He did AMAZING. We're talking no tears and extremely minimal semi-screams that were quickly stopped by the Sweet Ease (or liquid gold as James kept calling it) that I brought from work. This stuff is incredible. Last time during the casting Hunter screamed for over half of it. This time when he started to get a little upset, I just redipped his pacifier in my magic potion and his voice changed to this relaxed, soothed "uh uh uh" while he was sucking. I totally felt like the best mom ever.


I also used the Sweet Ease yesterday for Hunter's 6 month (can y'all belive it, SIX MONTHS ALREADY!) shots. He screamed when the needle went in, but immediately after I picked him up he started smiling and laughing. Maybe he just has a sweet tooth (obviously inhereted from his mother, although James does like sweets more than the average guy so I guess the odds were against Hunter). I better chill or he might quickly become addicted to this stuff. I can hear him now, "must. have. sweet. now." Just like my Coke addiction (coca cola, obviously.). I'm not ashamed. I love that stuff. I NEED it. It makes me truuuuly happy. Maybe I should go find a cocaholics anonymous meeting. There are many of you that could join me - except for you would need to attend a drpepperholics meeting, which although I do order sometimes, could never replace Coke in my heart.


So here are some once again PRECIOUS pics of Hunter's not too bad experience thanks to that wonderful Sucrose and water mixture.


6 comments:

Katie said...

Awww, those pics are too cute! Coke is nasty, Dr. Pepper is the best thing ever made. It's a good thing Hunter doesn't have any teeth yet, I don't think his dental hygienist aunt could handle his momma putting all that sugar on his pearly whites!

Trina said...

He looks precious in those pictures! I hate that he has to wear another one, I love him without it...but I understand why.

I have not had any carbonated drink in 2 years and 10 months! No cokeaholic here!!!!

Mom

Rikki said...

so, what is Sweet Ease and where do you get it?? sounds like a miracle!

i'm glad he did well! he's so handsome!

The Hunter Family said...

I founded Cokeaholics last year, but no one joined with me. :( Hunter looks so cute- I am glad that it was easier for him this time. It took me a few minutes to figure out what you were wearing- I thought maybe it was some new fashion we haven't heard of in UT yet!

Molly said...

I am glad that it went so well. And he is adorable in those pictures!

amy said...

I probably need to attend these cokealoholics/dr pepper addict meetings. Maybe this is why we all became such good friends in high school....I'm so addicted that I won't go back to restaurants that serve Pepsi only.