Saturday, September 15, 2007

Music To My Ears

Hunter has really been demonstrating a lot of vocal play lately. He has different sounds for many of his different daily activities. When he's laughing and playing with his friends or family he makes these deep "uh" sounds.

When he's eating his rice cereal (we started on Monday!) he makes these satisfied "um" sounds.

When he's riding in the car he makes these repetitive "ah" sounds that vary in pitch in length. (No car pictures. . . I'm such a slacker).



His new favorite sound though, which spans all activity, location and company is this high pitched, shrill squeal. At first I thought it was cute. Then, he started doing it ALL DAY LONG. This is definitely enough to drive a woman crazy. I'm charging my video camera right now so that I can record Hunter the next time he does it (which I'm sure will be the instant he wakes up from his nap) so that I can share it with all of my loyal blog reading friends. Think of this as sort of my tease or trailer for the fabulous movie to come. Not that you'd spend $10.50 to see it. Heck, I don't even spend $10.50 to see a major motion picture. . . unless it is that new movie with Amanda Bynes where she's kicked out of the sorority. Yes, I admit it. I'm going to see the new cheesy Amanda Bynes movie with I'm sure a theater full of 12 year olds. Why? Because the sorority that she gets kicked out of is referred to as none other than "Kappa" in all of the previews. And what sorority was I in? That's right. Kappa. I know I'm gay. I told 3 of my sorority sisters at brunch this morning that I was so seeing this movie and none of them seemed to jump on the band wagon with me. I'll be there though. Even if I'm alone. Okay, I've gotten carried away. Everyone knows I don't do movies alone. But I will be there even if I have to drag a friend with me. Molly (who is often my movie going partner) you should maybe start avoiding my phone calls soon, because I might just have to drag you with me. And I might just have to wear my Go Kappa shirt to the theater.


Okay, I've SERIOUSLY digressed. Stay tuned for a video clip of the most annoying noise ever!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I bet Vanesa would loooooooove to go with you to see that movie that I haven't even heard of! ;) I can't wait to hear Hunter's new sound.

Love y'all!!!

Molly said...

I will go, only if you don't wear the shirt...

Trina said...

I can't wait to hear Hunter's new sound! I bet it is adorable (Nana's can say that!!!).

As for the movie, I will go cause I can finally fit in that Kappa Mom shirt you bought me your senior year! I will go and wear it proudly! : )

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...All I can think of is 3 shreaking babies at once. I'll definitely be going to movies by myself, just to get away.

Anonymous said...

hey this kappa is in! i hadn't heard the trailer yet that morning... just let me know!! i'll even be a nerd & bust out a kappa shirt with ya! HaHa.