Thursday, April 28, 2016

April

Well, it's been a month with no blogging again. So, I figured I'd just write an uber long post that covers the whole month.
 
James and I are still on track with our Save the Date Challenge. - If I haven't blogged about this yet, it's a challenge to date your spouse that our church is doing. If you go on at least 3 dates every month for all of 2016, you can possibly win a cruise. I know the purpose isn't to win a cruise, but since we love a competition, we plan on winning it for sure;) - Our church actually did a date night at the beginning of April where they provided cheap childcare and goody date bags...


We took some ideas (and coupons!) from our date bag and went to Frankie's in Richardson, and then headed next door to get some ice cream at Sweet Firefly... 
It was a yummy date for sure!

We haven't had professional family photos taken since October 2014, so I bid on a session with a photographer (who's portfolio I loved!) at the kids silent auction at school, and I won! We were so excited when he sent us a sneak peak the same night that we took the pictures!

Grey was not cooperative at all, which really surprised me, because he often asks to have his picture taken and smiles on cue. He was not having it that afternoon, though...


Hunter also had a hard time. It was like a repeat of our last professional photo session, except worse. There were tears again.

But Charlotte is our little model. I'm sure he has so many awesome shots of this beauty!
The rest are going to be ready this week, and I'm so excited to see them! Check out J Gonzalez Photography!

On tax day, James and I headed to Austin for my grad school friend, Liz's wedding. It was fun to catch up with some girlfriends that I don't get to see enough, and look at that awesome view!

It was also a treat to have a night away with this sweet man...
So thankful for my sister who loves my kids like they're her own and is always willing to help us out.

It was a short trip, because Charlotte had dance recital pictures the next afternoon. Recital is one of my favorite times of year...
 
She loves her sassy, purple costume...

Charlotte is taking mini Jazz this year, and it has been her favorite of all of the dance classes she's taken (since she was 2!). Here she is with her friend Phoebe...

And Audrey, Madison (who she's danced with for 4 years now), Charlotte, and Phoebe together...
I look forward to Jazz every week so I can catch up with those girls' Moms!

To continue the crazy weekend, one of my BFFs had her 40th birthday party that night.  We had a fun night with good food, drinks, and corn hole (which apparently I am laughably bad at...or maybe it was just the punch).



Love these people! We've been friends for almost 12 years now and have been a part of every big event in each other's lives since then. Happy 40th, Molly!
 
We definitely needed some time to recover from that crazy weekend, but did squeeze in a skating walk one night. We're so glad spring is here!! (Except when my face itches so badly that I want to scratch it off)...
 
Last weekend was Vanesa's Swingster spring show and we LOVED it! Here's 4 generations of ladies waiting for the show to start...


Charlotte wanted to take pictures before the show to kill time:)


We love watching Vanesa dance and are so proud of her!
 
We had so much fun that we went back the second night!
Vanesa has tryouts this weekend for next year's team. I'm nervous for her, but know I shouldn't be because she's a great dancer!

This week, Hunter had rank up at his Cub Scout pack meeting. I can't believe he's a Webelo now!!

I remember when he was a little tiger cub his first year in scouts, thinking that the webelos were so old. And that's him now!!

Tuesday Charlotte went on her first ever field trip (to the Dallas World Aquarium). Excited is an understatement for how she felt. She didn't get any field trips last year (at the school we shall not mention), so this was her first one. She was also thrilled to ride the bus, since she had never done that either. At lunch she told me that it was, in fact, everything she had dreamed it would be:)

Because there were so many parent volunteers, Charlotte's class was divided into pairs for each chaperone (with some chaperones being with just their own kid). Charlotte was paired with one of her BFFs, Emma, which made the first field trip even better. Emma went to that other school with Charlotte last year, so it was her first, too...

We also hung out with Penelope (another of her BFFs) and her Mom for much of the trip...

Silly girls!



Penelope kept saying, "We're art!" when they would stand in front of these paintings...

Of course we had to visit the gift shop. Charlotte was taming this snake here I guess. She's such a character! Can't wait for drama camp again this summer, because she can ACT...

After the aquarium, we headed to Breckenridge park for lunch and to play. I think Charlotte would tell you it was the best day ever!
 
So thankful for all of the people that I get to love and live with. April was a great month!

No comments: