Sunday, March 1, 2015

Wolf Cub

Hunter has been busy with Cub Scouts again this year. He's a wolf cub now, and he's still having lots of fun! James goes to his Cub Scout meetings with him every week and does most of the events with him, but last weekend was the pinewood derby and James was out of town. Sooo, I took all 3 kids to it. Big mistake. After a near breakdown, I called my sister to come pick up the 2 little ones before I lost my mind. Thankfully, she came and I was able to get some pictures and actually pay attention.
 
Hunter's car is the white one, third from the end, closest to this side of the table...
Last year, he won 1st place in his den and this year he won again! Third place this time, but we're in a new pack that is much bigger. We weren't there when they announced because we had to run to his basketball end of year party. They texted James to let him know, and we picked up the trophy later. Hunter loves trophies, so he was pumped.


The kid is obsessed with video games...

It thought it was sweet that this bear cub put his arm around Hunter while they were watching the race...
Hunter is just like his Poppy (James's dad). He's never met a stranger! Love that about him!
 
Since Hunter placed at his pack's derby, he got to go to regionals this past Saturday. James took him this time, so I didn't get any pictures. I was glad James was able to watch that race, because he put a lot of work into the car.

Later that night, Charlotte and I took Hunter to the Blue and Gold banquet. The whole family was supposed to go, but poor Grey was sick, so James stayed home with him...

The banquet lasted over 4 hours! It was a long night, but Hunter had lots of fun. Here, his den leader is giving him all of his belt loops...

Belt loops are like patches in girl scouts. I think they are at least.

Wow! Go Hunter!


Up close...

Later in the night, Charlotte and I got up on stage to pin on his wolf patch...

 
We love our cub scout!

No comments: