Monday, March 16, 2015

Random Spring Break (and some other stuff, too)

While James and I were in Mexico, Charlotte had a showoff day at dance. I was sad to miss, but this is their third one this year, so they do them pretty regularly. I was so thankful that my friend, Jennifer, was able to take Charlotte home so that my mom didn't have to fight with Grey for an hour in the tiny waiting room. It's one of my most stressful hours each week! Jennifer also got some great pictures of Charlotte. Thanks, Jennifer!



Char and her friend, Madison (Jennifer's daughter)...
Such cute friends!

Tuesday of Spring Break while I was at work, Aunt Melanie and Grandee took Charlotte and Cousin Brooke to American Girl for lunch, an art activity, and some shopping...
Charlotte always loves to drink out of these little cups whenever we go.

Charlotte bought an Our Generation doll from Target with some money she got for Christmas, but we weren't sure if it would be looked down upon to bring that brand of doll to the AG cafĂ©, so she brought her Bitty Baby instead. She's really hoping to get an American Girl doll for her birthday this year. I'm sure she will:)

Thursday Grandee and Poppy took Hunter, Charlotte, Brooke, and Carson to the skating rink, and then everyone came over to our house to grill out. Those cousins have so much fun with each other and are always sad when it's time to say goodbye.

Sadly, we didn't do anything on Friday. I worked that day and when I got home it was all rainy. I didn't feel like getting out in the rain again, so James picked up a pizza on the way home and we just hung around the house.

Saturday morning, we met Amelia and her friend Ava (and her sister Lillianna) at Northpark to see Cinderella...
Best move ever, y'all! We loved it and can't wait to buy it when it comes out on DVD!

Sunday I had plans to go to the zoo, but there were too many errands to run. Thankfully I hadn't told the kids, so they didn't know what they had missed. Traveling to Mexico the week before spring break makes you a much less fun mom!

Today I have the day off work, so Grey and I ran some more errands. I've been thinking a lot lately about how birth order affects who you become. I have more patience with Grey than I did (and do) with the other two. I think a big part of that is that I don't care nearly as much what others think of my parenting now that I'm 8 years in. So when Grey runs around the post office throwing rolls of bubble wrap and maniacally laughing, I just laugh with him and decide to come back later. He did this today on our errands, and as I was strapping him back into his car seat laughing at him, I made a vow to myself to try and have the same attitude and patience with my two big kids. I certainly love and cherish them just as much, but they have had the disadvantage of a much less experienced momma bringing them along the way.

We headed to Cane's for lunch where Grey cracked me up even more...


He kept dipping his fork in the Cane's sauce, eating it, and saying, "Yummy!"...
I think it's safe to say that he's going to be the clown of the family!

Tomorrow is Hunter's 8th (EIGHTH!) birthday, and I have several surprises in store for him! Can't wait!

No comments: