Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pumpkin Village and Childrens Garden

The kids had a random early release on Wednesday, so we rounded up some friends and headed to the Arboretum.  Fall is my favorite time at the arboretum...I love the pumpkins!  Nathan told us he heard there were more than 1500 pumpkins there!
 
The kids loved these giant pumpkins at the entrance and wanted to climb on them, so I distracted them with a picture...
Macy and Charlotte are in Kinder together this year and have become fast friends!  They are too cute together!

And the boys (being photo bombed by Char)...
Nathan and Hunter have been friends basically since birth.  I've loved watching them grow up together at church.

Poor little Grey didn't have a friend, but he just loved exploring solo...

 
 He wasn't so sure about the hay, though...

Pumpkin houses!

And a sea of pumpkins...

Of course the girls wanted a photo in Cinderella's carriage...
The arboretum really got good use out of this purchase.  I think we have about 10 pictures in it from different times we've been to the Arboretum.

Grey had to join them for a photo opp...

I  love these pics of the 4 bigs on the bridge...


I tried to get one of Grey on the bridge, but I didn't want to back away from him too much, so this is the best I got...
Still cute!

Brothers!

I tried for a group picture...

Grey wasn't smiling (or looking at me), so Hunter tried to help...

Love this close up!!

The kids were over all the pictures by then, so we headed to the Children's Garden and stayed there for over an hour.  Grey tried the tornado for the first time and loved it!

I didn't let him in there at first, but he was watching all the big kids laughing inside and was begging to get in, so we started it over with him in with them the second time.  I think they did it 3 or 4 times!

 
Such a fun afternoon with friends!

1 comment: