Friday, October 3, 2014

Sparkle

Char has been asking to get her ears pierced for months now.  We actually went to Claire's this summer while we were in Corpus visiting Mom and Rich, but she watched a teenager get her cartilage pierced and decided against it.  She started asking again several weeks ago, so tonight we went for our monthly date night and got them pierced!
 
We went to Sweet and Sassy and I'm so glad we did.  They were awesome.  The worker showed Charlotte that she would make two dots on her ears with the marker, and then made a smiley face and said she'd be smiling with sparkly earrings in after it was all done...

Measuring...

Marking...


Charlotte was pretty nervous and told me I couldn't take pictures during because she wanted me to hold her hands.  Another girl came over so that they could pierce both at one time.  So I knelt in front of her and she squeezed both of my hands (hard!).  They told her that they would put the guns to her ears and count to five and then it would be over.  She had the most serious look on her face when they were counting.  They pierced on three and pulled the guns away on five.  She barely even flinched!  I was so proud of my beautiful girl...

 She got to pick out some suckers and get some glitter afterward...



She chose purple hearts...
 and purple suckers...
"Because purple is my favorite color now"...

 
We went to Scotty P's afterward to have dinner and split a chocolate shake.  At dinner I asked what it felt like and she said, "It felt like two crabs pinching my ears really tight."  I thought that was such a clever description!  It was our best girls night yet!  She asked if we could do it again next time:)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay Charlotte, Madison can't wait to see!