Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Kinder Graduation

This year has FLOWN by!  It seems like just yesterday, I was ugly crying as I dropped Hunter off for his first day of school.  And now we have a Kindergarten graudate! 
 
Hunter still has school until June 6th, but his school is under construction for a remodel (we can't wait to see it next year!), so they had to have the graduation early.
 
Here are the graduates walking in with their music teacher...


After watching Charlotte at her program earlier in the day, it was so interesting to see how different Hunter is on stage.  She is all about dancing and making funny, expressive faces on stage (she'll put on a good show one day!), but isn't as concerned with belting out the lyrics.  He is the total opposite...so serious, but really into the singing.  I swear he was one of the loudest kids up there...maybe he'll be a singer one day!




 
I tried to upload a video of him singing one of his songs, but after an hour (literally.) of trying, I give up.  It's really a bummer, because he was dang cute:(

After several songs, it was time to graduate...


After graduation, we all had cake and punch.  He ran to the table to grab his before we even knew he had walked off!

We LOVE Hunter's teacher, Mrs. Stapp.  We seriously couldn't have asked for a better teacher for him this year.  They call her the Kindergarten Whisperer and it is SO true...

Here they are on the first day of school...
He looks so much older to me!

They played a slideshow during the graduation to the song "You'll be in my Heart" by Phil Collins.  Not surprisingly, I was emotional during it.  I just love Mrs. Stapp so much, and I know those kids will stay in her heart!  AND I loved seeing all of the pictures of Hunter with his classmates throughout the year.  I told James, before we know it, we'll be sitting at his real graduation, and I will be crying so much harder!

We are so thankful for both of our kids' schools.  They are such a blessing to us...

No comments: