Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Birthday Girl

Char had a fun-filled birthday this year!  She woke up to cinnamon rolls (made by daddy!) and opened her present from James and I...
Her Bitty Baby "Feel Better Kit"!  (The Bitty Baby came later in the day.)

Anytime I call it her doctor kit, she says, "No, it's a purse."  What can I say?  The girl loves purses!
Then she and I and Hunter and cousin Zack went to go see Ice Age: Continental Drift.  We had tons of treats in the movie theater, and Charlotte and I lounged out in our two seats and cuddled during most of the movie.

After the movie we all headed to lunch with Grandpa and Aunt Katie and Vanesa at Chili's.  Char loves to choose Chili's as a place to eat, but doesn't really ever eat the food there.  She did have a couple bites of the dessert that they brought out to her.  She gave them the stare down the whole time they were singing to her...didn't crack a smile once.
That night Grandee and Poppy, Kate and her kids, and Nana joined us for dinner at Chick Fil A, and then came over for cake, ice cream and presents...


She was so sweet and excited with every gift...even all of the clothes she got from Nana, Aunt Katie and Grandee and Poppy...



Modeling her new Hannah Anderson necklace...


Nana gave her a tiny little baby with a potty and feeder seat.  Every single time we go to Target she begs to go to the baby aisle, and she always goes to those tiny babies at the end of the aisle.  She was so happy when she opened it, and I'm hoping the baby's potty will give her some sort of desire to use her own potty!

Then Grandee and Poppy gave her the Bitty Baby!


Hunter had asked me several times that day if he could go buy Charlotte a gift.  We've never had them buy for each other for birthdays before, so I hadn't thought of doing that ahead of time, and there was no way we could do it that day with Charlotte with us.  So I told him that we'd already bought her presents for this year, and he seemed satisfied with that.  After she finished opening her presents, he ran to the back for a second and came out with the biggest smile on his face.  He walked up to her and quietly said, "I have a surprise for you, Charlotte."  He held out his closed fist and handed her a new tube of chapstick.  It was the. sweetest. thing. EVER.  She was so thankful for the gift and he was so giddy to give it to her.  I love that he went "shopping" in my closet when I told him we couldn't go to the store.  I am cherishing this young, innocent age where they are so thoughtful and thankful.  I hope it sticks!

After presents, we sang and ate cake and ice cream...



I think she had a great day!  She can't wait for her princess party on Saturday!!

No comments: