Sunday, January 1, 2012

Best of 2011

Some of my favorites...

JANUARY:
It snowed, and the kids had so much fun making a snowman and throwing snow balls at each other...


FEBRUARY:
We had a family Valentine party where we made Valentine cards for friends and made Valentine cookies for us:)...




MARCH:
Hunter turned FOUR!! We had an awesome Dr Seuss party to celebrate...

(Please excuse my TERRIBLE hair...it was such a rat's nest!)

APRIL:
James and I ran our first (and hopefully not last!) half marathon, and Hunter came to cheer us on at the finish line...



MAY:
We had a small Wilkinson family reunion in Oklahoma...


JUNE:
Charlotte got her first hair cut...

And Hunter went to his first Rangers game...


JULY:
Charlotte turned TWO!!  She had a Wizard of Oz party with snow cones and a horse of a different color!



AUGUST:
The kids got to see the beach for the very first time...



SEPTEMBER:
Apparently September was our most boring month, because I only have these 2 pictures from the entire month.  A random day at Chuck E Cheese...

And I have such a terrible memory, there's no way I'm going to be able to isolate a memory from that month...probably because it really was kind of boring:)

OCTOBER:
We definitely made up for it in Ocotober, because this month was FULL of family fun!  It was hard to pick just one thing, but I think the fair was everyone's favorite activity...


NOVEMBER:
In November we went to the Dallas Zoo where Hunter gave my favorite quote of his from the entire year when he said, "What's that smell?  It smells like stinky animals." as soon as we got out of the car...

I'm totally still laughing.

DECEMBER:
December was filled with daily activities as we celebrated the advent season, preparing for the birth of Jesus...

This morning during the sermon, our guest speaker quoted Jeremiah 33:3 (one of my favorite verses), which states, "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

I remember in college, one of my dear friends and I would fret over the circumstances of our love lives...either with loser boyfriends or completely boyfriend-less.  I remember we'd often say, I wish we could just fast forward our lives to take a peek into the future, just to know everything would turn out okay.  That was before I had really met the Risen Lord.  We have both since found Him, and now I can clearly see that the attitude I had was from a complete lack of faith in God.  I love Jeremiah 33:3 because it reminds me that God has a plan for me, and He will reveal it to me when I pray intently to Him.  This morning as I listened to the sermon, I was so excited to think that God has great things planned for my family and I in 2012, and He already knows what they are.  I can't wait for all of us to find out, too...in His perfect timing.

Happy New Year, friends!

2 comments:

Rikki said...

happy new year carole! i love reading your blog and "keeping in touch" with your family! :)

abby said...

I just love your posts. And I believe you have just helped inspire our family's verse of the year. Thanks. ;) happy new year!