Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Flow it, Show it

Char's hair was looking more and more like a mullet, so I decided to take her with me to my hair appointment this afternoon to get her first cut.  Once we got there, Hunter proudly told Dana that he goes to Barber James to get his hair cut and that Barber James has suckers.  Hint hint.  Charlotte quickly joined in her brothers antics and sweetly said, "sucker?"  Poor Dana didn't know what she had coming. 

The whole experience was yet another reminder of how polar opposite my children can be.  Although Char did give Dana the eye before the hair cut started...
 ...she sat completely calm throughout the entire thing.  I think Nick Jr on the plasma tv helped a little...
Dana may have been out of suckers, but who needs candy when you have Dora?!  And on a big screen!

I kept trying to get Charlotte to look at me, but she either wanted to watch Dana or watch Dora, so whenever I did get a picture, it was of this pleasant face...

Just a small glimpse of what's to come in her teenage years.  Thrilling.

After Dana was finished, I was trying to get a good, posed, smiley picture, but Charlotte couldn't tear her eyes away from the tv...

And even though Dana did such a good job and shared her tv...that actually played cable shows, Char still shot her that same look after it was all over...

She looks much less like a 34 year old redneck and much more like a cute little (almost) 2 year old now...

No comments: