Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day!

Hunter was so excited about the snow on Sunday and couldn't wait to go out and play in it.  Clearly fun was the priority over fashion...
If you think Hunter looks bad, be glad there's no picture of me.  We'll just say I donned the scarf/hat (two in one, baby) and that very well could've been the most fashionable portion of my outfit.

Hunter immediately asked me to make a snow ball for him so he could "throw it at me".  He hasn't quite mastered the cognitive skill of not saying everything you think, but then again, some days, neither have I.

After a while, he was able to make his own snow balls...

Charlotte loved the snow too.  She posed for me for one split second...
 ...and then, took off...

I lured her back with snow, which she immediately put in her mouth...it was like a reflex for her...

 After one bite, she was hooked.  I couldn't get her to stop...

 Seriously..

Are you grossed out, Laura?  Here's one more, just in case...
If I took it away, she'd scream at me!  After a while, there was a big gush of wind and she started crying and wanted to go inside.  She's so her mama's daughter.

So James and Hunter stayed out and built a snowman while the girls lounged around in the warm house.  We didn't get as much snow as our neighbors because of our big trees, but I think he still turned out pretty good...

Our snowman is currently lying face down in our front yard surrounded by dead grass.  Hunter was very concerned that he fell, but after a few seconds said, "We'll just make another one the next time it snows."  I didn't have the heart to tell him that could be years from now:(

Until the next snow day...Or maybe a little sooner:)

No comments: