Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sick

James started feeling sick Wednesday night, and by the time I came home on Thursday afternoon, he felt terrible.  By Friday morning, Hunter and James were miserable, so I stayed home from work so James could go to the doctor.  Hunter spent the morning on the couch watching tv.  He's under that huge red blanket (it's actually my slanket...warmest blanket ever)...

 It wasn't long before Hunter was out...

While Hunter rested, Charlotte and I had a blast playing babies and grocery store...

Checking out her merchandise...

She loves her babies.  She carried one of them around in her sling all morning...
And at one point was holding two others!

Nana bought Charlotte some food to go in her shopping cart for Christmas, and now we have some interesting selections...eggplant, patee, and this piece...

I think it's a squash, maybe? 

After Charlotte grew bored with the shopping cart, we went into her room to play.  I pulled out her Christmas present from James and I, and she quickly asked me to take the lid off (in gestures and jargon of course).  As soon as I removed it, she climbed inside, but I didn't get back with the camera until she was climbing out...

Charlotte is so different from Hunter in many ones, but one of the most obvious is her lack of caution.  Hunter is pretty cautious in all situations, but little sister has no fear.  She has climbed into her high chair from the floor twice now.  She climbs up onto everything, and her love for climbing is only matched by her love for fitting her body into tiny spaces...

Not long after I took that last picture in her room, Charlotte started to feel sick, too.  It's been a sickness filled weekend.  Charlotte was much better tonight, but Hunter was actually worse.  James is slowly improving, thanks to the antibiotic, tamiflu, and cough syrup from the doctor.  Please pray that God heals them soon, and that I am spared from this round of sickness!

No comments: