Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers

We had a great day today celebrating our mothers...my boys did a great job of making me feel special too:)

We had a church-wide brunch this morning where the men served the women. Then after our naps we went to meet James's parents and my family for a late lunch at Two Rows...
Three generations...Nanny, me, mom, Kate, and Court


James and his mom


One proud mommy and her sweet bed-head boy...we woke up late from our naps, so there was not time to lay those crazy flyaway hairs down. I can't figure out what that child does in his sleep to make his hair so crazy...he doesn't even have that much of it to mess up!

After lunch we came home for a while, and then James, Hunter and I went to Bahama Bucks because baby Charlotte wanted a snow cone.

Her big brother did too...
(This one's for you, Laura and Marcy...
...I feel like that's pretty close to what my belly really looks like these days)

Being a mother is truly one of the greatest blessings God has ever given me. I cherish all of the lessons I've learned and feelings I've been able to experience over the past two years thanks to the gift of motherhood. I continue to stand in awe of the miracle that God lets me be a part of every day through watching (and feeling!) my children grow...


"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone


So true, Liz. My thoughts exactly.

5 comments:

Crazy May Days said...

Your belly looks too cute!!!

Marcy said...

You look great Carole, I wish I could see you in person!

Brandie said...

Happy Mothers Day Carole. You are right, being a mother is an incredible gift.

Kim said...

You look great, Carole! Happy Mother's Day!

The Hunter Family said...

Hey! I use that quote all the time. We are such kindred spirits. You look great, by the way!