Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Fair Fun

Vanesa turned 18 on October 1st and wanted a family day at the fair, so we fought the opening weekend crazy for her. It was hot and fun and fattening!




This was the first "ride" the kids did and Hunter hurt his back on the slide at the end. It's still healing up! Somehow the slide flipped him upside down and pulled his shirt up, so he got these 3 burn spots where the skin rubbed off. I felt so bad for him, because you could tell it really hurt and it was just the start of our day...



After we worked up a sweat, we headed into the car show for some cool air!






When we left the car show, we checked out the pups with the SPCA, and I fell in love with a husky with beautiful blue eyes (shocking I know!), but Hunter was adamantly against getting a dog, so there's still no Brooks family pet at our house.

We had to get some obligatory Big Tex pictures...



Grey wanted to ride these kiddie cars, but when I walked him over to buckle him in, he lost his mind because I tried to walk away, so I asked if I could ride with him and the worker looked at me like I was crazy and told me I couldn't fit, so big sister saved the day! It wasn't his favorite thing of the day for sure...


After that Charlotte made me ride that super fast, swirling, music blasting ride and I was so dizzy. 



This was a cool attraction where they made sculptures (models? designs? monuments?) out of canned food...


It was a fun day with family!

No comments: