Friday, June 20, 2014

Berries!!

Our summer fun has begun!

For the last several years, I've included berry picking on my list, but never get around to it until July when it's no longer berry picking season.  So this year, I was determined to go!  We met our sweet friends, the Blaylocks, at Ham Orchards for a day of fun!!

We headed into the main store to look around when we got there.  The kids were ready to berry pick (since I'd been talking it up for years!), so we grabbed some buckets and headed out...

Grey did a great job chillin in the stroller...

Sweet friends, Eden and Charlotte...


Hunter didn't have a friend his age, but was such a good sport about it...

I had a hard time getting a picture of Harrison and Grey.  Since Harry wasn't strapped in like his friend, he ran out of my picture...

Brothers!!






It was hot and the pathways were full of tall grass, so the mamas convinced the kiddos to go in after about 15 minutes (or probably less, but it felt longer!)...


We paid for our berries and headed over to the pavilion for some yummy lunch.  There were lots of issues with the drinks at lunch, so I ended up letting my kids drink root beer and sweet tea...which both tasted bad, so Hunter opted for water (once we finally got it working!).

After lunch, we went in the store for some peach and strawberry ice cream.  The cones were HUGE, so if you go and get one, make sure you ask for half the normal size.  Hunter didn't even finish his kids one and Grey and I didn't come close to finishing the regular size.

 
We all headed to the Blaylocks to play afterward since they live just down the road now.  Can't wait to go back again next summer!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Did you make cobbler with the berries? Or just eat them? I love blackberries...yum!