Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Kiddos' Showoffs

We are so busy.  It's probably irritating how much I say that, but I've seriously never felt so busy IN MY LIFE.  I never sleep and am habitually exhausted.  So why I am writing this blog post at 11:30 pm?!?!?  Because my personality is so rigid that once I get it in my head that I'm going to do something, I feel a compulsion to check it off the list. 

I'm not sure if it's having 3 kids or 3 jobs or too many activities in our life, but last week I definitely had an anxiety attack about how crazy things are right now.  The good news is most of the things that keep us busy, I really love!  Here's proof of the fun...

Last Tuesday (the 10th) we went to Charlotte's Christmas program at preschool...





As usual, she was a star up there;)  Her teacher said she was the best singer in their class!

Saturday, Hunter had his first ever basketball game.  His team is the Dartmouth (and Yale) Blue Devils.  He has 4 other boys from his school on the team, and James is the coach.  I don't know which of those he's more excited about!  It was so fun(ny) to watch them!  Basketball is my favorite sport and they are still learning the rules, so that made for an entertaining combination...




The other team scored first.  As soon as they did, I heard Hunter yell, "NOOOOOOO!!!!" so loud.  It cracked me up.  This is his face right afterward...
So funny!!

Here are 4 of the 5 boys from Dartmouth...
Such sweet friends!  They tied 2-2, not that we were keeping track;)

Sunday, Hunter sang Go Tell it on the Mountain and Silent Night with the children's choir during our Christmas service...
I love watching both of them perform.  Hunter always knows all the words!  (It helped this time that she had written them out for the kids!)  If he makes eye contact with someone he knows in the audience, he sticks his tongue over into his cheek to stop from smiling or laughing.  It's the cutest thing.
 
The next day, Charlotte had her ballet show off during her ballet class.  I came straight from work and forgot my camera, so had to use my phone to get pictures...




She was so tiny when she started ballet, she and looks like such a big, tall girl now!  I can't believe how fast she is growing. 
 
I am thankful to have these little blessings to keep me busy!  Watching them grow is such a joy...

No comments: