Monday, June 24, 2013

Summertime Fun

We've had a great summer so far!  I thought it would be challenging again this year to get things done on our summer fun list because of sweet little Grey, but we've surprisingly checked off many things already.  I wasn't too ambitious when I made it because I knew it would be harder than in previous years.  It's actually been much easier than last year because I feel well...I'd much rather have a baby outside of my womb, than in:)  Nausea and the heat are a really rough mixture for me, so last year we didn't finish our list.
 
We've spent lots of time in the backyard playing in the kiddie pool.  Grey mostly chills in his rocker or in my arms...
I tried to put him in the pool the very first time we blew it up, but I didn't let the water warm up, so he SCREAMED as soon as his feet hit the water.

These two don't mind the cold, though!

Their favorite thing is to put the pool at the bottom of the slide and slide down into it....





One night I was making dinner while the kids played outside.  After a while, I looked up and saw that they were soaking wet...
I think that's even more fun to them than wearing their swimsuit.

We also brought out the sprinkler one day...


This time they were the ones that were screaming...with joy, though:)

Then today we had a water balloon fight...

I'm always amazed at how quickly they can zoom through all of those water balloons!  Especially after it takes me like 20 minutes to fill them all up.  It's definitely worth it, though...



Last week we had a lemonade stand...
We sold out of all of our lemonade and cookies!  Much more successful than last year when we only had one customer:)  For all of you lemonade stand novices, the key is definitely to text friends and family that live close by so they'll stop by.

Excited for more summer fun to come!

No comments: