Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Sunday

Since Hunter had been sick, I stayed home with the boys while James and Charlotte went to church.  Hunter and I were both sad that we had to miss the church service, but we didn't want to get anyone else sick, so we just lounged around the house that morning.
 
James and Charlotte before they left...
 
Char requested a silly picture...

While we were waiting for them to get back, I put Grey in this hat and bib that Hunter also wore on his first Easter...

He got mad, so I got a picture of him crying, just like his brother did six years ago!  Hunter...

 Grey...

Hunter...

They really do look just alike.  I showed Hunter the picture of him crying when he was a baby and asked if he knew who it was.  He said, "Greyson!"  When I told him that it was actually him, he said, "Grey really does look like me!"

After lunch, Hunter requested an Easter egg hunt.  He was not happy that he had to miss the one with Grandpa the day before and the one with friends that day.  So I set up eggs around the house for them to find.  They were really good at finding them...I'll have to get more creative with my hiding next year! 

Most of the pictures of Hunter look like this...

And Charlotte was only wearing underwear, so I can't post any of hers on here:)


I really love Easter.  It's my favorite holiday.  I am humbled more every year at the gift that God gave us through the sacrifice of his son.  Knowing the love I have for my children, I can't imagine how unbearable it was for the Father to watch his Son go through such torment.  Specifically when Jesus called out to God as he was dying in Matthew 27:46...
"About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”"
 
Jesus gave it all.  He was the ransom for all of us...this pure, holy man was the only one who was perfect enough to take our place, and He did it willingly.  Because he loves us.  I pray that my children will know that with 100% of themselves, and never feel alone because of the reassurance that the God of the universe gave his life because he loved them so much.

No comments: