Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Feasts

Both kids had their Thanksgiving programs and feasts at school today.  Charlotte's this morning, and she had a full crowd to watch her (me, James, Mom, Dad, Aunt Kate, Grandee, Poppy, Nanny and Grandad all came!).  It was packed and even though we got there about 15 minutes early, we still didn't get great seats.  We wouldn't even have gotten to sit in these if it weren't for Nanny and Grandad getting there early!  So, all except for one of my pictures were out of focus (my camera kept focusing on the heads in front of me and the children on stage were all blurry).  This is the best I got of her on stage...

She was super cute (as always!) up there singing and dancing and reciting her scripture memory verse (Galatians 5:22-23...the fruits of the spirit verses).  There was also a little video before the kids got up to sing that had several different children from the school saying what their favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving was.  Char had a close up and she said, "mac and cheese!!"

After the program Grandee, Poppy, Nanny, Grandad, me, James and Charlotte all went to have a little feast together.  I love this picture of N, G and Char...

After a short rest at home, Charlotte and I headed over to Hunter's school to help set up the food for his Kindergarten program and feast.  I am one of the room moms so we were there early, but for some reason I didn't learn from earlier in the day and sat on the second row.  So, again, I didn't get great pictures of Hunter because of where I was seated.  He's in the grey and white striped shirt...



They sang lots of cute songs and then each stood up to say what they were thankful for into the microphone...
Hunter said he was thankful for his family:)  He's so sweet.

Both kids have had so much fun singing their songs at home and dancing around in their festive Thanksgiving hats this afternoon.  We're looking forward to turkey on Thursday!

No comments: